Helping You Grow Your Bounty,
Trade Your Foodmiles for Foodsteps:
We have a variety of 2 page tip-sheets available for download. These tip sheets were created to complement our Know Your Vegetables and Roots Down workshops; therefore they are geared toward gardeners and growers in SE Massachusetts. Is there a topic you would like to see addressed at an upcoming workshop? If so, please let us know.
Brix Bounty Farm Agricultural Tip Sheets
- Know Your Vegetables – Ag Resources Links
- Scheduled Conferences and Events for Organic Farmers Winter 2009/10
- Growing Nutrient Dense Foods
- Soil Testing to Improve Soil Health and Crop Quality (updated March 2011)
- Seed Selection, Crop Rotation, and Succession Planting
- Seed Starting
- Vegetable Planting Timeline
- Winter Growing (updated December 2010)
- Composting and Irrigation Tips
- Soil Remediation 101 (prepared for March 2011 workshop – see events page)
- Vegetable Growing in Small Plots, Containers and Local Nursery List
To achieve greater food security, we need many more local farms and gardens; community gardens and school gardens can connect our youth with food production. Nourishing foods grown from vibrant soils create a foundation for personal and ecological health. Local Foods can address the need to address our carbon footprint.
Brix Bounty Farm Tip Sheets:
Climate, Education, & Health
- Garden Education Resources – Just Announced Teacher Training March 19th 2011 – details coming soon.
- Healthy Books Reading List
- Climate Change and Agriculture
- Sustainable Food on the Southcoast – March 25, 2009 Conference Links
- Posting Agricultural Positions in the NE 2009