Finding Agricultural Jobs in the Northeast
- EMassCRAFT – a great starting place for apprenticeship resources in eastern Massachusetts.
- For an updated list we recommend viewing ATTRA’s Nov. 2010 response to the question: What are some resources for advertising and finding sustainable agriculture jobs?
* Highly recommended links; following links prepared for a presentation in Oct. 2008.
NOFA (Northeast Organic Farming Association)
Chapters and Similar Org’s
*NESFI Newoof Website – Apprentice Listing Published/Posted Annually
SSAWG Jobs/Volunteer Posting – For opportunities in the south
*SEMAP News – Southeastern Mass. Ag. Partnership – Job posting board on website for SE Mass
Youth and Urban Agriculture Organizations in the Northeast and Beyond (these are just a few…)
Added Value – Brooklyn, NY
The Food Project – Boston, MA
Gardening the Community – Springfield, MA
Growing Power – Milwaukee, WI
Nuestras Raices – Holyoke, MA
Southside Community Land Trust – Providence, RI
Good Farming Websites (National and Regional)
List-Serves, Newsletters, etc.
* Growing for Market – Growing for Market has a classified section in its printed publication
* NE Food – Listserv – Through Tufts – Reaches a wide audience of food folks in the NE (They also send out a monthly Potluck News with job postings)
*Food Project’s E-Blast Bulletin
More Generalized Websites
* Bristol Community College – New Organic Agriculture Tech. Program began in Fall 2009
OIC International – Employment & Internships – International Agricultural Volunteer Organization